Covid- 19 Visitor Guidelines
Measures are being put in place ahead of our re-opening on 25 July
- we are changing our opening times on a temporary basis to Thurs-Sun 11am to 4pm. This is so that we have plenty of time to thoroughly clean the museum each week
- staff are being trainned in new protocols to ensure everyone has a fun and safe time
- from 8 August all visitors will be required to wear a face mask or covering unless exempt although visitors are asked to cover their faces now
- When you visit the museum, we require your personal details specifically in connection with our efforts to stop the spread of Covid-19. This allows us to contact you directly if we become aware of an outbreak and identify you as someone who may have had close contact with the individual(s) concerned. It also allows us to identify individuals you may have had close contact with should you become ill with covid-19 symptoms.
- All your information will be kept securely and deleted within 22 days. We will only share the information for the purpose stated or if we deem it necessary and legal to do to.
- numbers of visitors will be regulated and visitors may have to queue
- hand sanitisers are being installed in the reception area for use before and after you enter the museum
- signage is going up throughout the building reminding visitors of social distancing requirements and setting out the number of visitors permitted in each space at one time
- interactive elements have been removed for visitor safety but we're working hard to put the same content online for you to enjoy
- only one toilet will be available to visitors and it will be cleaned after use
- a limited range of items will be available in the shop. Items touched by visitors but not purchased will be quarantined for 72 hours
- regular cleaning regimes are being introduced throughout the day
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT IF YOU FEEL UNWELL OR HAVE A TEMPERATURE, COUGH OR OTHER COVID-19 SYMPTOMS